Monday, September 14, 2020

Hong Kong Bird Series : Japanese White-eye on a Coral Tree 香港鳥類:暗綠繡眼鳥與盛放中的刺桐


Three Japanese white-eye hopping on a Coral tree! Acrylic on gesso paper. These little birds are common resident birds in Hong Kong. Thanks to veteran wildlife photographer Robert at Wildcreatures Hong Kong for taking me to Tai Po Kau nature Reserve, I took a series of photos of these beautiful birds when they were hopping on the Coral trees which were in full blossom. I had been thinking painting these birds since then and now I finally composed and painted this piece. To simulate the vibrant colours of both the birds and flowers, I repeatedly glazed the painting with layers of transparent colours, a technique which is called Flemish technique and has been used by many old and contemporary masters on their oil paintings.

If you are interested in collecting this piece, message me on Instagram : sketchergaryyeung


 




























No comments:

Post a Comment