Sunday, August 25, 2013

Old Wan Chai Old Post Office 舊灣仔郵局


Old Wan Chai Old Post Office



It was quite a challenge to sketch this building along Queen's Road East.  The sidewalk was narrow and my view was often blocked by double decker buses and lorries stopping right in front of me as the traffic was heavy.   At one point, I dropped my water brush and it fell onto the road. Fortunately, I was able to retrieve it with my umbrella before it was crushed by the passing vehicles.

It was the oldest post office building in Hong Kong which was built bwtween 1912 and 1913.  It  then went on serving the community until 1992.  The building is now converted into an Environmental Resource Centre.  

舊灣仔郵政局都不是太容易。皇后大道東多車,視線不時被巴士貨車阻擋,行人路窄,只能企著畫!

舊灣仔郵政局位於香港香港島灣仔區皇后大道東221號,於1912年1913年間興建,於1915年3月1日啟用,是香港現存歷史最悠久的郵政局建築。這座建築為香港法定古蹟,由環境保護署1993年開始作為環境資源中心──環保軒,展示關於環境保護的資料及圖片等。

資料來自維基百科


Old Wan Chai Old Post Office

No comments:

Post a Comment