Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Black Kite in Hong Kong 香港麻鷹



I like watching Black Kites circling above and between skyscrapers and I decided to depict that in this ink drawing. I would like to thank Robert from @wildcreatureshongkong for providing me with photo references of this beautiful bird which give me a better understanding of the feather patterns of the bird. For the background, I used a live sketch I did in Central as reference. First I blocked in the basic shapes of everything with a pencil. Then I started inking from the head of the Black Kite and slowly worked around the body of the bird. For the final process of adding the background, I used only light lines on the buildings so as to push them away from the Black Kite in the foreground which is inked with patches of solid black and thicker lines. And here is the final result, ‘Black Kite in Hong Kong’ Liquitex Professional Ink on Paper.


1 comment: