Thursday, October 3, 2019

「鳥島」"Isle of Birds" An Exhibition about Hong Kong Wild Birds



I'm excited to let you know that I will have an exhibition at Part-of Gallery starting from 2 November and I would like to invite you to view my latest studio paintings of some of my favourite Hong Kong wild birds at the opening party.    

「鳥島」"Isle of Birds" Exhibition by Gary Yeung  
Opening Party :  Nov 2 (Sat) 1:30-4pm   

「鳥島」"Isle of Birds" Exhibition by Gary Yeung  
Exhibition Date :  Nov 3 (Sun) - Dec 1 (Sun) 2019  

Gallery Hours :  1-7pm (Every Sat and Sun)  
Part-of Gallery : No.16 Sik On Street Wan Chai  
(next to No.99 Queen’s Road East)  香港灣仔適安街16號地下 (皇后大道東99旁)  

The Koels that call in early summer, the ever-present Eurasian Tree Sparrows which are never shy to get close to me at outdoor cafes, and the pairs of gentle Spotted Doves which roam around in parks near where I live--these are the feathery friends that I am always fond of.  Their reassuring presence and gentleness gradually inspire me to paint, draw and learn more about the native birds in Hong Kong.  After encountering a tiny Forked-tailed Sunbird, I started to pick up my paint brush and painted my first bird painting. This was how the series of Hong Kong native bird paintings started. The process of painting these lovely friends enlightens me, giving me renewed sense of wonder on their intricate beauty every time I paint them.   

初夏時啼叫的噪鵑、於室外茶座從不對人害羞的樹麻雀、附近公園悠閒踱步的珠頸斑鳩--這些都是我長滿羽毛的好朋友。舉動溫柔的雀鳥蘊含優雅的野性之美,讓我產生很大興趣,於繪畫過程中對這些香港本地雀鳥有更深入的了解;自遇見一頭叉尾太陽鳥後,我首次作出鳥類畫作,這大概是我開始香港本土雀鳥畫作系列的濫觴。搬它們上畫紙時,尤其專注到它們的精緻線條、細膩舉動和美態,讓我在過程中獲得莫大的啟發。

No comments:

Post a Comment