Thursday, August 20, 2020

Second Summer Hong Kong Art Sale



I am glad that some of my artworks have been collected recently and found their way to their new homes.  And now comes the second Summer Hong Kong Art Sale. All together seven pieces for you to choose from. Five of them are my latest Hong Kong native bird artworks and the other two are framed artworks in landscape orientation which depict old hong kong boats and feral cows in Sai Kung.  If you are interested in collecting these art pieces, do contact me via instagram : 
or
facebook:


Black Kite Close-up 41cm x 29cm
Mounted size 50cm x 40cm
Acrylic ink on paper.  A great thank you to Robert @ https://www.wildcreatureshongkong.org for providing me with his wonderful photo reference to this handsome Black Kite. Instead of rendering it in the usual way, I added patterns to the feather formation to make it more stylised.


Oriental Magpie Robin 41cm x 29cm
Mounted size 50cm x 40cm
Acrylic ink on paper.  It's based on a photo I took near Sai Kung Lions Nature Education Centre.  An Oriental Magpie Robin happened to be singing high above me.  To render it, I added the stylised clouds and sky rendering in the classical Franklin Booth style. 



Japanese Sparrowhawk 41cm x 29cm
Mounted size 50cm x 40cm 
Acrylic ink on paper.  An unexpected encounter of this hawk feasting on a robin near my home in Sai Kung.  I quickly went home to grab my tele lens and I was lucky to have taken many photos of this bird feasting.  Thus this piece of artwork. Thank you!  Japanese Sparrowhawk!



Black Kite above Central 38cm x 26cm (SOLD) 
Acrylic ink on paper.  The background is based in an on-location sketch I did a few years ago at the roof top of a building in Central.  Black Kites like to circle high above and between high rises in Hong Kong so I created this ink painting.


Osprey 23cm x 35cm
Mounted size 40cm x 50cm.
Acrylic ink on paper.  Osprey!  A handsome predator not as easily to be spotted as the Black Kite! 





Old Aberdeen Boats 
Framed size 42.5cm x 74.5cm
Watercolour and Mixed Media on paper  It's based on a low-res vintage photo I found on the net.  I really wanted to visualise how the scene was like so I added a lot of details in the illustration style and used watercolour to create a relaxing mood to this piece. 



Sai Kung Cows 
Framed size 36cm x 78cm
Watercolour and Mixed Media on paper  Feral cows are members of the Sai Kung community. They can be spotted walking, eating and resting in town quite easily on weekdays.  This piece depicts a scene which is a combination of certain references of the lovely and gentle Sai Kung cows.



No comments:

Post a Comment